Theming SoC outcome
frank.richter at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 16:31:27 CDT 2005
as some of you may have noticed, I did a bunch of theming-related work
in Wine, which was done within a project in Google's Summer of Code.
This is a small overview over what I've done:
- All "non-standard" controls(those that are provided by comctl32, e.g.
Tabs) are themed and seem to work quite well so far.
- All standard controls except Buttons and Scrollbars are themed, though
not always perfect.
- Due the fact that uxtheme was actually used, a number of fixes and
improvements have been made.
However, there are still things left open:
- Bugs. Notably, the dreaded A->W WM_GETTEXTLENGTH issue breaking all
Delphi apps. Working on it though.
- A number of smaller and not so small visual glitches.
- Speed. Seems with alpha blending things are not exactly blazing along.
At least for some of the issues I still have some ideas floating around,
so I guess I'll stick around a bit longer and try to get them fixed.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 250 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
Url : http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/attachments/20050923/b39ac8c6/signature.pgp
More information about the wine-devel