Wine fonts too big for their input fields.

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Wed Apr 12 21:22:32 CDT 2006

Duane Clark wrote:

> Hmmm, well I found this:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/editcontrols/editcontrols.asp
>
> where is says "By default, the edit control margins are set just wide
> enough to accommodate the largest character horizontal overhang
> (negative ABC widths) for the current font being used in the edit control."
>
> I haven't quite figured out what that means, yet ;)

I made the attached changes to the edit test. The results when run on
Win2k are a bit strange (note that I only looked for the min in the
first 1024 glyphs):

edit.c:807:Font Verdana first char=32, last=64258
edit.c:817:MinA=-1, minC=-7
edit.c:824:Left=1, right=4

edit.c:807:Font Arial first char=32, last=65532
edit.c:817:MinA=-7, minC=-2
edit.c:824:Left=3, right=3

edit.c:807:Font Tahoma first char=32, last=65532
edit.c:817:MinA=-6, minC=-1
edit.c:824:Left=3, right=3

edit.c:807:Font Microsoft Sans Serif first char=32, last=65532
edit.c:817:MinA=0, minC=0
edit.c:824:Left=0, right=0