Changes to Wine Status Pages

paul pgr at arcelectronicsinc.com
Fri Feb 10 11:58:52 CST 2006

Tom Wickline wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I plan to remove ttydrv from our dlls status page as it has been
> removed. And also remove Wine Installer (wineinstall) as it has been
> replaced by wineprefixcreate.
>
> Are there any comments on this before I remove these two components.
>
> Tom

I have been looking into a bug / difference between the ./configure ...
  make install method vs ./tools/wineinstall

New install of mandriva 2006 and then compile latest cvs using the
./configure method and adding the missing things via rpm's (flex, bison
libxsl and one other lib)

When running wineprefix create it can't find libwine.so
I have tried this on two different machines and also had a problem on my
  mandriva 2005 le install before I installed 2006.

Using /tools/wineinstall worked and then an uninstall and install via
the ./configure works after that.

On my 2005 LE machine I was doing regression tests and then ./configure
method did not work and even ./tool/wineinstall did not for several tries.

I did use make clean after uninstall and before cvs update.

Paul R.