Starter projects for new Wine contributors?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Jan 9 18:36:29 CST 2006

Hi all!
I'm looking for suggestions for starter projects for
new contributors that would take something like a week to do,
and wouldn't require much knowledge of Wine ahead of time.

http://wiki.winehq.org/TodoList is the place we've gathered
that stuff, but nothing there really grabs me.
I suppose the tasks
  http://wiki.winehq.org/CrossCallsWtoA
  http://wiki.winehq.org/ConstifyData
  http://wiki.winehq.org/SpecDiscrepencies
might qualify.  Do they still need doing?

http://winehq.org/site/fun_projects has some cool stuff
on it, particularly the idea of using Mono's libgdiplus
to implement gdi+ in Wine.  (That's probably more than
a week's worth of work, though.)

http://wiki.winehq.org/SummerOfCode has very cool
stuff in it, but that's all about 100x times harder than what I'm looking for.

And then there's riched20.  It's missing quite a few
little features; see the 11 open bugs here:
http://bugs.winehq.org/buglist.cgi?product=Wine&component=wine-richedit&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW
Might some of those be doable in a couple days?
- Dan