Fwd: Hi

Segin segin2005 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 19:16:39 CST 2006

The letter seems to check out as valid from what I can find. at any
rate, there is a little-known solution that Microsoft has produced
themselves that barely anyone ever used. Not many Microsoft employees
still remember it cause it was a back-burner feature for 95/98:
QuickView. You coul right-click on a file, select QuickView, and a
window would popup showing the document, or if an executable, a list of
infomation about it that is highly detailed, including ordinals,
synbols, relocations, all sorts of offsets, and a number of useful
things. It would dump infomation for PE and NE executables, and also MZ
headers (DOS exec and stubs). Sadly, I don't know why a Microsoft
employee didn't think of this before. It would be simple to get the Wine
system libraries from the wine-win32-dlls package, and use a test Win98
box or so to find out what ordinals are in them.

Of couse, the gre/Winedump/Linux solution is also suggested. Try running
that in combination of gdb.