Alexandre Julliard : x11drv: Moved desktop mode handling to the explorer process.

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Tue Mar 28 03:31:31 CST 2006

Vitaliy Margolen <wine-devel at kievinfo.com> writes:

> Ok so now say with Steam and all of it's games - it will be almost 100%
> unusable! Because we still haven't fixes managed/unmamaged windows. And
> Steam itself would be on top of everything. So the way people were able
> to work-around this is by putting Steam into virtual desktop. Now that
> means their game will run in the same desktop as well.

We could add some sort of per-app setting again, though it wouldn't
work quite the same, apps in different desktops are a lot more
isolated now. But if the only use for it is to work around managed
mode bugs then it's probably not worth it, better to spend time fixing
the real problem.

> Also I remember some users were using other two parameters of the desktop
> (top left corner - changing manually in the registry). I didn't seen
> anything that indicates they are still supported with this patch.

No, that's no longer supported. It shouldn't be too hard to add it
back if you want it.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org