d3d [1]: Remove AddRef from IWineD3DDevice_GetVertexDeclaration.

H. Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 03:34:23 CST 2006

On 28/11/06, Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:
> "H. Verbeet" <hverbeet at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > As for the previous patches, I was under the impression at the time
> > that the idea was to get rid of COM in wined3d, otherwise I would have
> > said something earlier. For consistency it would probably be best if
> > they were reverted.
>
> That was my impression too, what happened to the idea of getting rid
> of COM?  Because of course if we are keeping COM then we need to
> follow the rules properly.

Afaik the idea is still around, but nobody is actively working on it.
Although getting rid of COM could potentially simplify wined3d a bit,
for me personally it isn't much of a priority. One concern I have
about getting rid of COM is that it has the potential to cause quite a
few regressions, not all of which will be immediately obvious.