d3d [1]: Remove AddRef from IWineD3DDevice_GetVertexDeclaration.

Markus Amsler markus.amsler at oribi.org
Tue Nov 28 06:28:35 CST 2006

Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> "H. Verbeet" <hverbeet at gmail.com> writes:
>> As for the previous patches, I was under the impression at the time
>> that the idea was to get rid of COM in wined3d, otherwise I would have
>> said something earlier. For consistency it would probably be best if
>> they were reverted.
>>

> That was my impression too, what happened to the idea of getting rid
> of COM?  Because of course if we are keeping COM then we need to
> follow the rules properly.

I wasn't fully aware of the importance of the COM refcount rules, just
saw the opportunity for simplification. For removing COM it would be
probably better to start with removing the lpVtbl's. I agree it's
probably best to revert them for consistency. Should I send patches?

Sorry for the inconveniences.