AW: Already Error while installing MS Office 2003

Roland Kaeser roli8200 at yahoo.de
Sat Sep 16 01:34:47 CDT 2006

Hello

>Codeweavers version of Wine has changes that Alexandre deems
>unacceptable for the "clean" WineHQ tree.

If this is that way, it would be real a horror. Why are code patches which allows a huge major app (key application) to run on linux "unacceptable" (From point of view of the MS users). Do we here make trench warfares?  Or are there quality conceivabilities which are completely unrealistic? Shouldn't we not see the major goal of wine? To run windows apps on linux? Not to have a few lines code a bit better quality etc. I think we don't have the choice to reject code. Be very very thankful for each line which is checked in!! I think some responsible persons are to deep in the code.  They are looking just into the code but can't see the benefit of the code for the wine project itself. Why don't just accept the code? There is enough time later to make it more "beautiful" or correct it to a better quality. But for the moment, some of the code directly allows important apps to work.

Roland