Governance revisited

Robert Lunnon bobl at optushome.com.au
Fri Sep 22 16:26:39 CDT 2006

On Thursday 21 September 2006 04:25, Mike McCormack wrote:
> Robert Lunnon wrote:
> > Which you are entitled to, but my opinion happens to differ.  Whether the
> > wine core source has all the patches, (Which it doesn't - many, but not
> > all) isn't relevant, it's the process that they go through that I believe
> > could improve.
>
> The way to get your changes in is not to keep questioning the current
> process, but to adapt to it.  Try fixing your patches.  Try asking for
> guidance.  Try testing them on some other platforms.
>
> Getting feedback isn't always easy, so listen when you get it.
>
> If you don't want to go to the effort required to get your patches into
> Alexandre's tree, they're not going to get in themselves.
>
> Mike

Rubbish,
	The current process is crippling this project, limiting the developer base
and reducing community value. Without some healthy dissent it will never
change and get better.  I am a friend of change, a true believer in the
process of continuous improvement. I believe one day, the WIne project will
value my contribution - even in dissent.

Bob