Whither msxml?

Huw Davies huw at codeweavers.com
Mon Sep 25 06:18:12 CDT 2006

On Sat, Sep 23, 2006 at 05:52:51AM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
> If anyone has tips on sore spots with Wine's msxml, please
> let me know.

Hi Dan,

There are lots of things that need to be done in msxml3:

Currently we have implemented some of the DOM methods, most of these
are part of the IXMLDOMNode interface (node.c) - you'll still see a
lot of stubs in there.  Most of the additional methods for the
interfaces derived from IXMLDOMNode (see eg IXMLDOMText in text.c)
also need filling out.  Hopefully the infrastructure for DOM is pretty
much laid out however.

There's currently no SAX support, so that could be another area of
fruitful work.

Some of the helper apis like IXMLHTTPRequest would also be fun.

We also don't have a plan for msxml4, so some design decisions
regarding this should be made at some point.

Huw.
--
Huw Davies
huw at codeweavers.com