Governance revisited

jimtabor jimtabor at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Sep 25 22:27:24 CDT 2006

Wow, just like that!

James Hawkins wrote:
 >> It is shocking to most FOSS code writers that maybe this is a real,
 >> truly, paid for project. "No! It can not be! I contribute to someones
 >> profit? NOOoooooooo~~~!".

The above is a famous quote I read from Linux Journal magazine.

 > I am well aware that Codeweavers funds most of Wine development, and I
 > appreciate every bit of support coming from them, but this project
 > would continue even without their support.
 >
 > --
 > James Hawkins
 >
 >> NO! You are WRONG, sir!
 >> NOOoooooooo~~~!
 >

 > P.S.  You should really calm down.  It's hard to take you seriously
 > when you act immature.

I am calm, lol! immature? just a little! 8^D

So, after reading this ML for years and assessing.

Seriously, If I was a contractor representative researching code weavers
ability to support their product, the last thing I would expect from any
of their developers would be the lack of customer support and poor
attitude on IRC. At lest if one of my employees does go out and join
wine IRC, I would hope they will not get kicked or banned for asking to
many questions. Understanding this, has made my mind up and forced to
stop linux migration due to the lack of support and maturity of wine and
code weavers. We do have contracts with Red Hat, SCO, Solaris, Raytheon,,,,,

Oh the shock of that, yes we are considering the use of wine for moving
away from Microsoft windows. Wine was the stop gap in our mission to
provide both Linux and Window applications in a real time environment.
That M$ update thingy is a ass kicker on real time systems, that must
operate 24/7. Having said that,,,, sorry I can't authorize any contracts
with code weavers.

Sorry, you just never know sometime,
James