Governance revisited

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Tue Sep 26 07:09:50 CDT 2006

Robert Lunnon <bobl at optushome.com.au> writes:

> Well thats at least a reasoned response, even if I don't agree with the
> reasoning.  But again you simply miss the point. I don't care that Alexandre
> doesn't move my patches (because its not true that he doesn't) and since I
> now have a patch management capability which allows me to manage my local
> tree and keep in sync with wineHQ. But wine is my/our toy now as well as
> Alexandre's and I for one want to make it better.
>
> In that Alexandre and I should be in agreement and perhaps he should consider
> some of the positive measures I have suggested.

To be honest, I have no idea what it is that you are suggesting. All I
see is phrases like "community focused process" or "acceptance policy"
which frankly are just meaningless buzzwords. If you expect anything
to happen, you'll need to make much more concrete suggestions, and
provide examples to make us understand how what you are suggesting
would work in practice, and how it would be different from what we are
doing now.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org