[lostwages] Update download-deb page with better information, error fixes

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Sat Feb 3 15:00:46 CST 2007

On Sat, 2007-02-03 at 21:52 +0100, Detlef Riekenberg wrote:

> > I just fixed it to make it better.  I have half a mind to delete all
> > mention of sidenet from the page entirely.
>
> The Sidenet - Script is still there.

I removed all traces of it from the wine wiki page I set up here, which
the download-deb page should link to now:
http://wiki.winehq.org/UbuntuAMD64

I agree with you and Vitaly about this, by the way.

> Another Tip:
> "Next get the libxxf86dga1 package"
>
> Why that?
> DGA was dropped in July 2006:
> http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/?a=commitdiff;h=98179f06565b7f681d3cddcce69e25801e3a521f

The main problem is that I don't have a 64-bit machine and haven't
tested the instructions myself, but as I understand it if Wine was
compiled with DGA support (as the 32 bit package was) then it would go
nuts if it expected to find the lib and didn't, which the DGA hack was a
workaround for.

But if it can be eliminated entirely that's really good news.

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie