signedness/WINAPI changing question

Joris Huizer joris_huizer at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 10 07:01:02 CST 2007

I have a small question:

I find some function
  LONG WINAPI AVIStreamSampleToTime(PAVISTREAM
pstream, LONG lSample)
(in the avifil32 dll), the second parameter should
really be an ULONG instead of a LONG. It'd fix the
signedness problems.

My question is, is such a change allowed?
And what should I do to update for such a change
(except for the header gcc warns about)

In case such change must not be performed, I'll just
add a local variable which is a casted version.
I thought this needs asking; adding in unnecessary
variables doesn't seem the best fix to me.

regards,

Joris