Stencil fbo attachments

H. Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 07:17:08 CDT 2007

On 18/07/07, Stefan Dösinger <stefandoesinger at gmx.at> wrote:
> > Renderbuffers might be ok, but I'm not completely sure.
> Apparently not :-(
>
> I tried to get it working, but I didn't have any luck. Either I am missing
> something, or it just doesn't work. My attempt is attached

>+        GL_EXTCALL(glFramebufferTexture2DEXT(GL_FRAMEBUFFER_EXT,
GL_STENCIL_ATTACHMENT_EXT, GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, 0));
You don't have to do that, attaching the renderbuffer removes the
previous attachment. The has_stencil check is rather ugly, of course.

> So it looks like we just have to use GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil. That makes
> the extension check obsolete too because we can't get anything better than a
> GL_FRAMEBUFFER_UNSUPPORTED_EXT.

Not really, you can still attach a regular depth format in that cause.
Not all applications that use D24S8 actually use the stencil buffer.