(resend) Scroll window fix

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at codeweavers.com
Sat Mar 3 05:09:28 CST 2007

"Aric Stewart" <aric at codeweavers.com> wrote:

> I did my work comparing to windows 2000.  I could not get the test to
> run at all on my windows box so i had to try to fiddle with the test to
> get it to work.

What exactly was the problem?

> I spent a lot of time working on windows 2000 to make
> this behavior the same and so feel the patch is not "obviously
> incorrect" and most likely I did something incorrect in the test.

Well, apparently the fix was based on a test (that was supposed to mimic
a real application behaviour that exposed a bug), and since the test is
wrong (since it doesn't pass on a single flavour of Windows) the fix is
wrong as well.

We need some kind of a resolution to the problem, and I don't see a better
way than reverting the whole patch.

--
Dmitry.