Lots of 'make test' failures on Windows

Juan Lang juan.lang at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 11:38:35 CDT 2007

> Just looking at the pretty colors may not make this very obvious, but
> the state of the tests is APPALLING.

Agreed.  I wonder how much of it has to do with not noticing that the
tests have failed?

I may just be transforming the problem from an easy one (we shouldn't
be lazy about checking the test results) to a hard one, but:  what
about automatically doing a regression test to find the patch that
broke the test, and logging a bug for it?

I suspect the biggest problem is keeping the winetest executable up to
date on the systems.  If the test system can't compile the tests, it
can't easily perform a regression test.  What's the biggest obstacle
to that?

--Juan