Pulse Audio -- Wine should have instructions on this web site

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Apr 3 02:41:10 CDT 2008

"Maarten Lankhorst" <m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com> writes:

> Apart from the horrible waveout playback code that was directly copied
> from wineoss, and to a lighter degree the wavein code is there
> anything seriously broken in winealsa? Nothing comes to mind at the
> moment.

Well, people are saying we need a pulseaudio driver because alsa doesn't
work right on top of pulseaudio; now it may well be that the fault is
entirely on the pulseaudio side, but either way it needs to be
investigated and fixed.

One other (minor) problem I know about is that building the alsa driver
spews out several warnings about using deprecated functions.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org