Add TRACEs to NtCreateFile returns

Rob Shearman robertshearman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 08:47:57 CDT 2008

2008/8/18 Michael Karcher <wine at mkarcher.dialup.fu-berlin.de>:
> Another review.
>
> Am Sonntag, den 20.07.2008, 22:42 +0200 schrieb Markus Hitter:
>> Similar to NtReadFile and NtWriteFile, NtCreateFile should trace
>> return values on request. Providing the file handle allows to map
>> read/write requests to the corresponding file name.
> Seems very sensible. Your implementation looks OK, except for me not
> being sure whether status codes are usually printed decimal or
> hexadecimal. Please check.

Yes, variables should be dumped in the same format as the constants
that are put into them so that you can grep the headers for them
instead of having to put them into a calculator to convert them first.
In this case, the status values are in include/ntstatus.h and are in
hexadecimal format and so the TRACE format should match this.

Additionally, the common format for dumping return values is, for
example, "trace:ntdll:NtReadFile -- 0xc0000005" or
"trace:ntdll:NtReadFile returning 0xc0000005" not
"trace:ntdll:NtReadFile = 0xc0000005".

--
Rob Shearman