Patch workflow recommendations (was: Re: shlwapi ...)

Markus Hitter mah at jump-ing.de
Tue Aug 26 11:15:27 CDT 2008

Am 26.08.2008 um 16:46 schrieb Dan Kegel:

> I updated http://wiki.winehq.org/SubmittingPatches with that info
> (and lots more, too)

The git sample commands there differ from the ones given in <http://
wiki.winehq.org/GitWine#head-
f7a29e7ed999b5924748a60c5a1cd4a019032d26> by the --keep-subject flag.
Which one would be the better one?

Citing the web page:

> If your patch isn't committed in a day or two, improve it (perhaps
> by adding more tests) and resend. Or continue on with more changes,
> and send a longer patch series next time.

Judging by my recent experience, how about:

> If your patch isn't committed in a day ot two, first have a look at
> the patchwatcher status page, wether your patch were approved. If
> it was, you might want to ask on the wine-devel mailing list on how
> it could be improved. Especially with your first patches, it might
> take a resend or two to get it accustomed to the Wine development
> process.

I'd avoid recommending longer patch series.

MarKus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/