Building tests with MSVC 6 broken?

John Klehm xixsimplicityxix at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 19:24:24 CST 2008

On Feb 5, 2008 4:25 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> Fifth hitch:
> crypt32/tests/cert.c: error C2081: 'HCRYPTPROV_OR_NCRYPT_KEY_HANDLE':
> name in formal parameter list illegal
> Turns out that identifier was introduced in Vista, and added to Wine here:
> http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2007-August/042250.html
> Fix:
> Uninstall the platform SDK and install the Windows SDK!
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=c2b1e300-f358-4523-b479-f53d234cdccf

I don't know if this will help with compiling the tests. but I have
fought with that many headed SDK nonsense too.

Sorry Dan you still don't have the latest SDK =P (assuming you used
the one with the link you gave).

You have linked to the one published 2006-11-07:
"Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Software Development Kit for Windows Vista™
and .NET Framework 3.0 Runtime Components"

Trickily enough the latest SDK is actually published on 2007-03-22:
"Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Software Development Kit Update for Windows Vista™"
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4377F86D-C913-4B5C-B87E-EF72E5B4E065&displaylang=en

The only sane way I've found to find out what the heck is going on
with the SDK is the blog page:
http://blogs.msdn.com/windowssdk/

but lately they have this page now too (which hopefully will stay
maintained? who can say..) that lists the latest sdk right now (in
theory)
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsserver/bb980924.aspx

So maybe grabbing the latest sdk will help maybe it won't.  Hopefully
this will save everyone some time in crazy msdn land.

Regards,
John Klehm