Uninitialized memory reference in winefile

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Jul 17 12:26:04 CDT 2008

While valgrinding Picasa, I came across the following valgrind error
in winefile.  (My daily valgrind runs only run the conformance
suite, which is why I've never seen this before.)
The lines involved seem unchanged since Martin Fuchs'
winefile code was merged back in 2002.

Conditional jump or move depends on uninitialised value(s)
   at calc_widths (winefile.c:2711)
   by create_tree_window (winefile.c:2974)
   by InitChildWindow (winefile.c:2984)
   by ChildWndProc (winefile.c:4259)
   by ??? (library.h:136)
   by call_window_proc (winproc.c:457)
   by WINPROC_call_window (winproc.c:2198)
   by call_window_proc (message.c:1610)
   by send_message (message.c:2434)
   by SendMessageW (message.c:2557)
   by WIN_CreateWindowEx (win.c:1164)
   by CreateWindowExW (win.c:1362)
   by MDIClientWndProc_common (mdi.c:1140)
   by MDIClientWndProcW (mdi.c:1307)
   by ??? (library.h:136)
   by call_window_proc (winproc.c:457)
   by WINPROC_call_window (winproc.c:2198)
   by call_window_proc (message.c:1610)
   by send_message (message.c:2434)
   by SendMessageW (message.c:2557)
   by create_child_window (winefile.c:1789)
   by show_frame (winefile.c:4839)
   by winefile_main (winefile.c:4931)
   by WinMain (winefile.c:4965)
   by main (exe_main.c:48)
 Uninitialised value was created by a stack allocation
   at calc_widths (winefile.c:2645)