Problem compiling wine tests with msvc in standalone mode.

Reece Dunn msclrhd at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 19 07:46:13 CDT 2008

2008/7/19 Mikołaj Zalewski <mikolaj at zalewski.pl>:
>  Where does the  ../../../include\rpc.h file come from? If you are mixing
> Wine and Windows headers then conflicts are quite possible. I copy only
> wine/test.h from the Wine headers. Often, I also need a #include <windows.h>
> at the top of the file for it to compile with MS headers, but after this, it
> works.

That was from the -I../../../include portion of the cl command to pick
up wine/test.h. That is, that rpc.h file is the one from Wine. The
other headers are being picked up from standard include path settings.

I have now got msvcmaker to work, so am using the VS project files
generated by that. While they are not perfect, they are usable for the
most part (some tests require work to get building), and do not have
the above issues.

>  BTW, as a reminder, you shouldn't use VS for msvcrt tests as you will link
> to e.g. msvcr80.dll instead of msvcrt.dll.

Thanks for the help/advice,
- Reece