Some conformance tests a bit slow under Valgrind

Dylan Smith dylan.ah.smith at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 10:57:27 CDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 12:43 PM, Dylan Smith <dylan.ah.smith at gmail.com> wrote:
> Rather than using one URL for all the messages, you could also cycle through
> URL after testing them initially.  It would have the same performance of
> using the same valid URL, but keeps the variety in the test.

I ended up looking at the test more to fix a valgrind error, and noticed that my
patch should probably only cycle over valid urls instead of all of them.

The valid urls could be moved to the front of the urls array, and then index can
be use the number of valid urls to mod by, rather than the total number of urls.

> I am attaching a rough patch to show what I mean, and so I can give everyone
> an idea of the impact this type of change makes. The following are times
> from calling runtest for the editor tests of riched20.dll before and after
> the patch.
>
> Before:
> real    1m6.924s
> user    0m42.067s
> sys    0m7.148s
>
> After:
> real    0m11.539s
> user    0m3.876s
> sys    0m0.956s

Dan, was this enough of a difference for the time the tests take to run?