msvcrt: Implement wcscat_s

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at codeweavers.com
Fri Mar 14 23:16:20 CDT 2008

"Alistair Leslie-Hughes" <leslie_alistair at hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> +@ cdecl wcscat_s(ptr long wstr) MSVCRT_wcscat_s
>>
>> The first parameter has type wstr. Also, please check actual
>> buffer contents in the tests not just the return values.
>>
> Hi Dmitry,
>  When I wrote the wcscpy_s you asked to me change the spec file to
> from
> cdecl wcscpy_s(wstr long wstr) MSVCRT_wcscpy_s
> cdecl wcscpy_s(ptr long wstr) MSVCRT_wcscpy_s
> since wcscat_s has the same arguments I assmed it to be the same.
>
> After this change I assumed the following
> ptr = non-const pointer that will be changed
> wstr = const pointer of type wchar
>
> Can you clarify what is correct?

Basically parameters in the .spec files are used as descriptors for
relay debugging, and difference between ptr and wstr is whether the
contents on the buffer or just a pointer should be printed.

First parameter of wcscpy_s is a not initialized buffer, while first
parameter of wcscat_s is an initialized unicode string.

--
Dmitry.