Updated 1.0.0 release criteria; draft 1.0.0 release plan

Remco remco47 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 15 17:35:07 CDT 2008

----- Original Message ----
> From: Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com>
> I've updated http://wiki.winehq.org/WineReleaseCriteria
> to be a bit more final.
>
> I've also written a draft release plan; see
> http://wiki.winehq.org/WineReleasePlan
>
> Comments?

Please note that I'm not complaining, but doesn't that list of criteriaseem a little disappointing? I know what Wine is capable of, but you'retelling the world that, after 15 years, Wine 1.0 is guaranteed to runabout 4 applications.

What about growing the list with a few applications that work perfectly at the moment (such as the top 10 platinum rated apps)?

There is of course a slight stability problem (mandatory updates) with the Steam apps in that top 10 list, so those would have to be excluded.

Remco