The Linux/BSD DF kernel bug

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Mar 20 06:12:14 CDT 2008

Ove Kaaven <ovek at arcticnet.no> writes:

> But that's a bit of a different issue, unrelated to the kernel flaw. I
> was only talking about that flaw. I kind of tried to clarify that in
> my next followup... oh well.

Sure, it has nothing to do with the kernel bug, except that it points to
a similar bug in the Wine kernel.

>> Of course now that gcc is changed we'll have to make sure to clear the
>> flag regardless of what MSVC does.
>
> But not just in the exception handling. Everywhere... there's no
> special case here.

It depends if MSVC respects that ABI constraint or not. If it doesn't
and calls API functions with the flag set then yes, we'd have to clear
it everywhere. But if it does respect the ABI, then exception handling
is definitely a special case, and we have to clear the flag there, and
nowhere else.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org