gdi32-related commit between 0.9.57<->0.9.58 broken .NET2/Systems.Windows.Forms

Huw Davies huw at codeweavers.com
Wed Mar 26 11:51:41 CDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 04:38:26PM +0000, Hin-Tak Leung wrote:
> --- On Wed, 26/3/08, Huw Davies <huw at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> But, OTOH, should one expose the whole of fontconfig-available
> fonts to wine? A lot of them may be dubious to various extent.

Well we already did that anyway.  It was just the native gdiplus apps
didn't see them because of a bug that this commit fixed.

> If ukai is affected, I would suspect uming (also from Arphic)
> would be the same? and how many non-english fonts one want to
> "work-around" like this?

I've not seen any problems with uming.  Most 'non-english' fonts will
work fine.  There's something very specific about ukai that causes
native gdiplis to have problems.

> > Actually I've just attached a hack to the bug, try that
> > instead.
>
> Thanks - but I also have uming, and a a fair number of other fonts
> shipped from fedora for non-english. (over 100).

Please try the patch and report back.

Huw.
--
Huw Davies