unknown device issues after running winetest

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Wed May 21 01:06:18 CDT 2008

Maarten Lankhorst wrote:
>> The issue about the leftover registry keys after the tests still stands though.
> I just keep hitting escape when booting, but it is a real problem that
> should be addressed, anyone knows the exact testing causing the
> creation of the dummy devices? Why 75 mouse clicks, uac in the way?

Yes, it 's UAC. You first have to make yourself owner of the regkey and then add
  the proper permissions. In this particular case it turns out there are several
hidden (not enough permissions to view) keys and you have do to the same thing
again to those and the ones underneath and ......

--
Cheers,

Paul.