unknown device issues after running winetest

Alexander Morozov amorozov at etersoft.ru
Thu May 22 05:10:02 CDT 2008

В сообщении от Tuesday 20 May 2008 17:31:48 Paul Vriens написал(а):
> Hi,
>
> On several windows boxes (VMware) I receive this nice message that Windows
> will try to find a driver for an unknown device.
>
> This device is added by the setupapi/devinst test and is not (or can't be?)
> properly removed after the tests.
>
> On NT/W2K I'm able to delete all the relevant registry keys (regedt32.exe)
> but on Vista I don't seem to be able to delete them
>
> Any idea? Do others have the same issue(s) ?

Hi,

I added testRegisterAndGetDetail and testDeviceRegistryPropertyA/W. I am sorry
for creating discussed problem. I tried to use SetupDiRemoveDeviceInterface,
SetupDiRemoveDevice and SetupDiDeleteDevRegKey but this is not fixing this
bug. SetupDiRemoveDevice and SetupDiDeleteDevRegKey do not delete
Enum/ROOT/LEGACY_BOGUS key (on WinXP at least). Now I do not know the right
way to delete created keys. May be should use something like Paul Vriens`s
change_reg_permissions.