Wine PulseAudio Driver

Juan Lang juan.lang at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 09:35:51 CDT 2008

Hi Art,

> Currently I am looking for any feedback at all.

I believe you've already gotten some:  split up your patches so that
we can read them a little more easily.  If you send a large patch as a
new contributor, it's very unlikely to get committed.

Also, this function:
+/*
+const char * PULSE_getMessage(UINT msg) {
+    static char unknown[32];
is commented out.  Please leave stuff like that out of your patches,
it's a little distracting.  That was the only instance of that I saw
in the patch, so your patch looks of generally good quality.  Still,
try to make your patches as clean as possible.

> Should I send a message to wine-patches as well?
Only if it's ready to be committed.  Since you're asking for feedback,
I assume that's not the case ;-)  Since you're asking for feedback:
what, in particular, do you want feedback on?  Are you soliciting
"does this work for you" feedback?  Is there some aspect of the design
you're not sure about?

Also, I'm happy to try it, but the bug is just asking for a feature,
not describing something that doesn't work without this.  Is there
some other criterion I can use to evaluate it?  Doesn't steal audio,
doesn't stutter as much, ???
--Juan