Acting as advisor for wcmd-uplift project?

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 16:16:29 CST 2009

On Fri, Dec 25, 2009 at 4:13 PM, Peter Dons Tychsen <donpedro at tdcadsl.dk> wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-12-22 at 15:36 -0600, Austin English wrote:
>> Sure. FWIW, I'm working on some AutoHotKey/Appinstall tests for cmd,
>> but it's a bit difficult, since the only way to capture the stdout is
>> to pipe it to a file first.
>
> Hey, i think a test suite for cmd is an excellent idea, and is surely
> what is needed to lift the quality of this module. However, i think
> using AutoHotKey in an external script might not be the optimal
> solution. Why not place the test in the source tree along with all of
> the other tests. Of course this requires the tests to be run from a C
> based file and not a AHK file, as i doubt that AJ wants AHK in git. It
> would however mean that one could add tests for all of the other command
> line utility programs much easier (not possible now at all). I don't
> really see "cmd" as an external tool but and integrated part of the Wine
> product. Therefore i think these tests belong in the main git tree.

Sure, ideally that would be better. My C isn't that great, but I know
AHK very well. Dan and I have discussed getting some cmd tests into
winehq, but until the infrastructure is in, it's hard for me to do
that. The tests I've added to Appinstall though should translate well
into some C testcases, with a few minor changes.

--
-Austin