Acting as advisor for wcmd-uplift project?

Peter Dons Tychsen donpedro at tdcadsl.dk
Fri Dec 25 16:13:47 CST 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-22 at 15:36 -0600, Austin English wrote:
> Sure. FWIW, I'm working on some AutoHotKey/Appinstall tests for cmd,
> but it's a bit difficult, since the only way to capture the stdout is
> to pipe it to a file first.

Hey, i think a test suite for cmd is an excellent idea, and is surely
what is needed to lift the quality of this module. However, i think
using AutoHotKey in an external script might not be the optimal
solution. Why not place the test in the source tree along with all of
the other tests. Of course this requires the tests to be run from a C
based file and not a AHK file, as i doubt that AJ wants AHK in git. It
would however mean that one could add tests for all of the other command
line utility programs much easier (not possible now at all). I don't
really see "cmd" as an external tool but and integrated part of the Wine
product. Therefore i think these tests belong in the main git tree.

In any case, tests are better than no tests!
(just to state the obvious :-))

/pedro