wined3d and winex11 hand in hand...

Jérôme Gardou jerome.gardou at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 15:19:26 CST 2009

Quite oddly enough, wined3d and winex11 don't communicate with each
other at all (well, wined3d uses WGL in gdi32, and gdi32 is based on
winex11), and this leads to problems which are tricky to resolve... For
instance, when a d3d application wants to disable screensavers, there is
no way to do this through the windows api, but xlib provides
XSetScreenSaver which is axactly what we need there.

Would it be a good way to do this, as in user32 and gdi32, to create a
driver structure holding each function pointer we would need, and
forward them to stub if unavailable?