WINEGATE.DLL: Wine gateway to native Unix libraries

Martin Hinner martin at hinner.info
Sat Feb 14 18:02:02 CST 2009

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 12:35 AM, Detlef Riekenberg <wine.dev at web.de> wrote:
> On Sa, 2009-02-14 at 05:39 +0100, Martin Hinner wrote:
> Hi Martin.
> Thanks for your interest in Wine.
> I read your Mail, and my first impresion was: not needed
>
> After downloading winegate.tar.gz and reading the source:
> winegate is a nice Idea, but it's useless.
>
> Why?
> - Your proxy code is not portable.

I am aware of this, it was proof-of-concept, I am definitely NOT
against using wine_dlopen or add #ifdefs to make it portable (for
systems not having dlfcn.h).

> - It's already present in Wine:
>  libwine.dll has exports for wine_dlopen/wine_dlclose/wine_dlsym
>  please read: libs/wine/loader.c

I saw it, but I don't understand how is it exported to the "Win32
world", i.e. how do I import these using GetProcAddress() Win32 API ?

find /usr/src/wine* -name '*.spec' | xargs -n 10 grep dlopen did not
reveal anything except winegate.dll :-).

Martin