Closing fixed bugs

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat Feb 14 21:27:05 CST 2009

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 5:59 PM, Vitaliy Margolen
<wine-devel at kievinfo.com> wrote:
> Agreed meaning for "closed" status was "the fix present in Wine release".

Right, agreed.

> If bug reporter wasn't fast enough to report bug fixed in the 5 minutes
> elapsed between AJ pushing new release tag and wholesale closing of all
> fixed bugs in bugzilla...

?  Not sure what you're saying there.  Nobody has to act unreasonably
fast.  They just have to mark bugs fixed when they're fixed in git.

> does that mean we have to wait for 2 more weeks to
> close such bugs?

Exactly, I'm proposing letting them sit there, fixed but open,
until the next release, so Alexandre doesn't have to
change the simple way he generates his list of fixed bugs.

> [Aren't people allowed to close] their bugs themselves after
> verifying the fix in latest git?

They're encouraged to mark them fixed once the fix is in git.
As you pointed out, 'closed' is for when the fix is in a release.

> If they not supposed to do that, then
> prohibit anyone except AJ from closing bugs.

It seems overkill to modify bugzilla for this, since there's no
reason to prohibit closing of invalid or duplicate bugs, and changing
bugzilla is hardish.

I just kind of like the simple model of "we fix 'em, Alexandre
closes 'em", and was hoping we could agree to follow it.
- Dan