DIB Engine : passing all tests

Chris Howe mrmessiah at gmail.com
Sun May 24 05:04:02 CDT 2009

2009/5/24 Massimo Del Fedele <max at veneto.com>

> I'm looking forward to this hitting upstream :) Have the architectural
>> issues been solved yet?
>>
>>  Nope, and I think they will not be solved soon. Not by me, anyways.
> I made my engine because I was needing it, but Alexandre don't like
> its architecture, so it won't be merged even if, IMHO of course, it
> could be done as an "alternative experimental driver" in parallel to
> current winex11 one, which could spread its usage and testing a lot
> more. But Alexandre didn't like that solution, ever.

I assume all this took place on IRC because unless I missed it,
Alexandre hasn't deigned to comment on here about what the
right architectural solution would be.

Sorry to sound like a stuck record but the Wine website still lists
"write a DIB engine" as a requirement, and every time someone
does, the patches dissapear down a hole because they're "not
right". Someone document what "would be right", or take "write
a DIB engine" off the list. I'd love to have a go at documenting it
myself, but I don't have the time to reverse engineer it from a
few years' worth of rejected solutions.

--
Chris