Add .cvsignore entries for .fake files

Stephen Eilert spedrosa at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 11:25:29 CST 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 7:07 AM, Paul Chitescu <paulc at voip.null.ro> wrote:

> On Friday 20 November 2009 05:43:48 pm Charles Davis wrote:
> > Paul Chitescu wrote:
> > >
> > > What's wrong with this? Applies cleanly to my pristine wine-CVS, tried
> with
> > > patch taken from wine-patches bounce.
> > >
> > > Whoever rejected with "fails to apply" please reply with the output.
> > >

> > We don't use CVS anymore. Now we use git. You need to first upgrade to
> > git, then modify the .gitignore file.
> >
> > Chip
>
> Obviously I use CVS and the ? ......fake status reports are a nuissance.
> The
> fact you don't care about CVS doesn't mean everybody has to switch,
> especially
> since git isn't supported as widely as CVS.

What do you mean by "git isn't supported as widely as CVS"?

In any case, CVS is *ancient*. You really should learn how to use git,
specially if you want to contribute to wine. It'll make your life easier,
after the initial learning curve.

For instance, I'd hate to do regression testing using CVS, instead of a git
bisect.

--Stephen

programmer, n:
       A red eyed, mumbling mammal capable of conversing with inanimate
monsters.