comctl32: Implementation the WM_GETTEXT processing of datetime control

Nikolay Sivov bunglehead at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 07:56:39 CST 2009

Ilya Shpigor wrote:

> GetWindowText work with the server side text buffer. Are you offer to use it?
> I don't sure that control text and this kind of window text are same things.

Hmm, I'm not sure. Looks like setting text always goes to server call,
maybe it's the same thing (synced somewhere?)...
Anyway GetWindowText should work, and Wine's implementation uses
WM_GETTEXT only for same process windows,
so you shouldn't override default handling for this message.
> Datetime control have own interpretation of data in the self text buffers.
> Using window text will need some synchronization when this data change. Can I
> do it?

Or course you can, format a string every time contents change and store
it with SetWindowText(). WM_GETTEXT
will work through default procedure (I've done it that way for IPAddress
control).

P.S. Also don't forget comments regarding tests part.

Thanks.