wineserver: Fix French manpage

Nicolas Le Cam niko.lecam at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 06:02:36 CDT 2010

Le 12 avril 2010 11:02, Frédéric Delanoy <frederic.delanoy at gmail.com> a écrit :
> 2010/4/9 Nicolas Le Cam <niko.lecam at gmail.com>:

>>> My understanding was that it looked first in the system path, then
>>> tried in, e.g., the home dir or other
>>> directories.
>>> I guess it looks in a hardcoded list of dirs, or sthg like that. In
>>> that sense, "possibles" does not fit IMO.
>>> "potentiels" or "vraisemblables" could both fit, but I wanted to
>>> insist on the probability for the command
>>> to be there (sthg like P[potentiels] < P[vraisemblables]).
>>>
>>> Frédéric
>>>
>> It tries PATH and BINDIR (and server/wineserver if in a build
>> directory). See
>> http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/?a=blob;f=libs/wine/config.c#l480
>> So 'potentiels' or 'possibles' fit better IMHO.
>
> "Probables" may possibly fit even better (altough "potentiels" should be OK)?
>
> Frédéric

IMHO, "Probables" or "Vraisemblables" mean that it tries randomly some
paths and isn't at all certain to succeed, IOW it sounds really weak ;
where "Potentiels" or "Possibles" mean that if wineserver can't be
found in a fixed number of (logically computed) places, you need to
fix your system because you have a problem. I really prefer the second
option.

--
Nicolas Le Cam