Please remove / block user from bugzilla

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Jul 15 10:45:34 CDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 7:45 AM, Henri Verbeet <hverbeet at gmail.com> wrote:
> However, if we're talking about being harmful to the project, I think
> it's far more insidious and actively harmful to pretend being an
> active / respected Wine developer and giving potential new developers
> bad advice from that position. Because what happens is that those
> people take that advice in good faith, start writing patches, and
> perhaps even develop some habits based on it. But when those patches
> then hit wine-patches and get shot down during review, it's the
> reviewers that get blamed for being "picky" or "harsh", while in some
> cases the entire premise on which those patches are based is simply
> wrong. I think that does far more harm to new developers than "being
> mean to someone on the internet".

I'm listening.  Can you give some examples of problems I've caused?
Candidates include

- the FIXME_ONCE guy; I think you and I are giving him the same advice;
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2010-July/085069.html
so that seems fine.

- Misha; I told him tests were ok to submit during a code freeze; this is true,
given that Alexandre accepted tests as last as last Friday.  I should have
told him that tests which add stubs probably aren't ok, but he learned
that as soon as he submitted.
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2010-June/084632.html
so that seems fine.

Would you really prefer I retire from Wine?
- Dan