The shlwapi:istream tests and Microsoft Security Essentials

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 08:27:14 CDT 2010

Hi,

I was wondering why I (out of all those boxes) had several failures for
these tests on some of my XP and Vista boxes.

Turns out that you get these failures when MSE is active. I just ran the
tests on a clean XP-SP3 box (up-to-date) and no failures. Installing MSE
(and downloading the latest signatures) is enough to show a multitude of
test failures. Turning 'real time monitoring' off or excluding the test
executable makes the tests succeed again.

Most of the failures are of the E_ACCESSDENIED nature btw.

Does this make sense?

If the test failures are valid, should I change the tests to cope with this?

--
Cheers,

Paul.