RFC: msvcrt: support dates after year 2038 in mktime64

Robert Wilhelm robert.wilhelm at gmx.net
Mon May 31 12:00:29 CDT 2010

On Sun, 2010-05-30 at 13:02 -0700, James McKenzie wrote:

> I think I know your confusion here.  Does UNIX and Windows implement
> these functions for the same date range or should we be rejecting a set
> of dates as being invalid?

Windows has 1970-2038 for mktime32 and 1970-3000 for _mktime64.

The lower border is ok:
Some Unix versions support dates before 1970. We already check for
negative numbers in wine and return -1 in this case. This is fine.

For upper border there is check for dates >3000 missing. Some Unix
systems support dates up to 9999.

There may be also corner cases at the borders (depending on timezone
etc.) which are different. But I doubt anybody will care.