dockFill problem

Vassilis Virvilis vasvir at iit.demokritos.gr
Fri Nov 26 07:10:45 CST 2010

On 26/11/2010 01:51 μμ, Dan Kegel wrote:
> .bill wrote:
>> I have the following problem in a .NET application.
>> A form resides in a maximized MDI window.
>> On startup the MDI gets maximized but the form is not although the dockFill property is set.
>
> Sounds interesting.
> If you're not already, please try the latest version of wine (1.3.7 or
> built from git).
> If the problem persists, please file a bug, and we'll give you
> suggestions about debugging there.
> If you can include the source and binary for a tiny program that
> demonstrates the problem, that would help greatly.
> - Dan

Hi,

Thanks for answering this.

I am trying from latest git (as of yesterday).

I am not sure I can do that (provide source and binary) but I will ask. As I said it is a .NET application.

Since I am on the clock here I was hoping for a quick advice like (i.e. dockFill
is honored in user32/win.c in the function blah blah and you can track it by WINEDEBUG=+magic,+dockFill)

As I have already said in earlier questions the compatibility level of wine is simply amazing. From a
fresh .wine prefix I can install net3.5, flash and the relevant application. The application loads
flash files with a component called f_in_a_box. Everything works with minor problems like this
and some bigger ones (transparency).

So, all in all, simply amazing.

         Vassilis