comctl32/tests: Remove practically unused parameters from test functions

Nikolay Sivov bunglehead at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 10:47:00 CDT 2011

On 4/27/2011 17:53, Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
> On 04/27/2011 01:14 AM, Nikolay Sivov wrote:
>> Remove practically unused parameters from test functions
>>

> So how is global variable any better then local variable passed as
> function parameter?
Because there's no need to have different parent windows for currently
present tests. I don't see a reason of
having window handle created exactly once and then passed in each test
function, it's tests after all with a straightforward structure.

> IMHO this is s wrong thing to do - to move everything as global
> variables just to move it back whenever need arises.
I don't see when it's needed to pass different parent window. Even more,
you'll need to create another parent before test function call. I prefer
to have START_TEST(..){} as short as possible without any additional logic.

Ideally we shouldn't use the same parent for different test calls at all
to make them completely separate and not affecting each other.