cmd: Print error messages on stderr, not on stdout. (try3)

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Fri Dec 2 09:34:35 CST 2011

On Fri, 2 Dec 2011, Frédéric Delanoy wrote:
[...]
> > As far as I can tell the tests pass both in Wine an on Windows.
> > What is test runner?
>
> The programs/cmd/tests/batch.c file that preprocesses the .cmd file
> and compares it to the associated .exp file; this is run when you do a
> "make test"

Sorry I don't understand what you're saying.

programs/cmd/tests/batch.c is being run as part of 'make test'.
It produces a test.out file but does not modify that file in any way.
It then compares test.out with test_builtins.cmd.exp taking into
account various comparison directives.

[from previous post]
> There is now a discrepancy between wine output, and testrunner output,

So what is the 'testrunner output' you are speaking of? 'test.out'?
That's the unmodified cmd output as far as I know so there is no reason
why it would be different from running cmd manually.

This patch fixes Wine's cmd implementation which was sending error
messages to stdout instead of stderr like Windows does. As a result a
number of @todo_wine@ directives can be removed from
test_builtins.cmd.exp.

           If it stinks, it's chemistry. If it moves, it's biology.
                  If it does not work, it's computer science.