Status of DIB engine ?

Massimo Del Fedele max at veneto.com
Fri Dec 23 15:03:55 CST 2011

As I've got no idea of the status of DIB engine, besides looking at changelogs,
I'd like to know it... at least to see if there's some need of help.
The stuff that interests me at most is, as usual, the display speed of
autocad with embedded truetype fonts (aka bug 13801), which depends deeply
on DIB engine.

 From what I see in changelogs, text output seems to be completed; well, the
speed of autocad text rendering has risen a *small* bit, but it's still unusable,
light years far away from speed of my old engine which I'm still using for my job.

So, the question : have I understood right from changelogs and text is completed
in DIB engine, so I  can help to make it a bit faster, or it's still missing
something so I should just wait ?

Max