Apologies to the List

Tom Wickline twickline at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 23:44:41 CST 2011

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 10:52 AM, James McKenzie <jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
> wrote:

> On 2/22/11 4:37 AM, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
>
>> James McKenzie<jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net>  writes:
>>
>>  First, my tirade was not intended to be as such.  I wanted to pull the
>>> patch because it was incorrect and I did not want anyone else working
>>> on it while I silently trimmed it and made it better.
>>> Second, I realize this has affected my 'Jeremy White' score.  I hope
>>> that AJ understands why the code was pulled and that this happens
>>> frequently with a project this large.
>>>
>> No, it doesn't. Requesting your code to be pulled is a serious matter,
>> and a major break of the trust that is necessary for us all to work
>> together. You can't do something like this and expect it not to have
>> consequences.
>>
>> It was already unlikely that you would get any of your patches in, based
>> on their technical merit, but now even if you managed to make your code
>> acceptable, I wouldn't put it in, because I can't trust you not to make
>> me pull it out again next time you get mad at me.
>>
>>  And I agree with this decision.  You are technically "the keeper of the
> code" and I have on more than one occasion transgressed this unwritten rule.
>
> However, I will still post patches for comments in Wine Development and
> subsequently release them to the LGPL/Wine in Wine-Patches so that others
> can work with them.  I feel that is only fair for what I have done.  Is that
> acceptable?
>
> This seems to be the method used by others, however I have been known to be
> massively incorrect in the past, and I could be wrong now.
>
> If posting them to bug reports is the preferred method I will that instead.
>
> James McKenzie

Hello James,

This is just my opinion OK, So don't take this as the opinion of Wine/WineHQ
or anyone else.

In the past I had a very serious drinking problem and I pissed off allot of
people, and most of them were
my friends. So one day I decided to stop drinking and to try and repair old
friendships, saying sorry will only
get you, or me, or anyone of us just so far... The only way to get back
trust and friendship is to earn it a little each
day by your actions. And not to overreact to a past overreaction. :)

So my suggestion is to take it a day at a time and try and mend past
mistakes by future actions.

I wish you the best!

Tom Wickline

--
Wine is not a conclusion but a process...