ieframe/tests: Skip some tests on Windows if WebBrowser is not supported.

Jacek Caban jacek at codeweavers.com
Fri Sep 16 11:15:11 CDT 2011

On 09/16/11 15:42, Francois Gouget wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Sep 2011, Jacek Caban wrote:
> [...]
>>>        hres = CoCreateInstance(&CLSID_WebBrowser, NULL,
>>> CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER|CLSCTX_INPROC_HANDLER,
>>>                &IID_IUnknown, (void**)unk);
>>> -    ok_(__FILE__,line)(hres == S_OK, "Creating WebBrowser object failed:
>>> %08x\n", hres);
>>> +    if (hres == REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)
>>> +        win_skip_(__FILE__,line)("WebBrowser is not supported\n");
> [...]
>> The failure is valid here, it's the testbot that is not smart enough. The
>> tested DLL is not present on WINNT, so the test should be skipped
>> automatically, like winetest does.
> Yes, that's why I used a wine_skip() rather than a skip(). I think this
> approach is valid too. My understanding is that in theory
> CLSID_WebBrowser could be provided by any other dll. So given that this
> test makes no direct use of ieframes.dll (that is does not link with it
> nor loads it at run time), that makes checking for the presence of
> ieframes.dll a bit questionable.

IEs older than 7 had WebBrowser control implemented in shdocvw.dll. We
surely don't want to run tests on anything older than IE6. IE6 results
very little value in this case, so I consider DLL presence check as a
nice way of skipping tests on too old platforms and I've even stripped
the code from no longer needed checks that you want to add when I was
moving them from shdocvw to ieframe, In this case, skipping tests is
really a job for testbot.

Jacek